Easy tartare sauce which is delicious with Seafood over Christmas! You can even eat it with your leftover ham, yum!
Easy tartare sauce which is delicious on Seafood over Christmas! You can even eat it with your leftover ham, yum!
4 egg yolks
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
A pinch of sea salt
100ml white wine vinegar
750ml neutral oil
Mixed herbs finely chopped (tarragon, parsley, chervil, dill, chives)
Finely diced gherkins
3 hard-boiled eggs
1. Add the egg yolks, mustard and sea salt to the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment.
2. On a low speed add the vinegar and leave to whisk for three minutes.
3. Increase the speed and slowly pour the oil into the egg mixture, leaving the mixture to combine sporadically.
4. Once halfway through the oil, pour more steadily and only slow down if the mixture begins to separate.
5. Finish with your favourite fresh herb combination, gherkins, capers and, or, lemon zest – I add them all!
6. For the ultimate tartare sauce pass three hard-boiled eggs through a fine sieve and then stir through your sauce.