The prawn cocktail is an indispensable feature of an Australian Christmas, so add some extra Aussie flavour to your seafood salad with this recipe featuring finger lime and quandong chutney.
– 500g–600g cooked prawns with tail on
– 1 baby cos lettuce, washed, dried and pulled into leaves
– 1 mini radicchio, washed, dried and pulled into leaves
– 4 tablespoons of aioli
– 3 tablespoons of quandong chutney
– 1 teaspoon bush tomato, ground
– 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
– 2 teaspoons of creamy horseradish
– Tabasco to taste
– A squeeze of lemon juice
– 3 finger limes, the caviar pearls
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Small handful of chives, chopped
– A sprinkle of Davidson’s plum or bush tomato powder to garnish
1. Make the sauce by combining the aioli, chutney, Worcestershire, tabasco, horseradish, bush tomato and finger limes in a medium-sized bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
2 Layer a few leaves of the cos and radicchio in your serving glasses.
3. Holding the shell of the tail, dip the prawns into the sauce and heavily coat. Place onto your lettuce garnish. Sprinkle a pinch of bush tomato or Davidson’s plum and some chives over the prawns to garnish. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.