Mayura Station is located on the Limestone Coast, in the heart of some of the best farming country in Australia – ideal for producing the ultimate quality, award-winning Wagyu beef.
Haus’ signature dish – 1.2kg Mayura Station Brisket is a favourite of our dinners. The hearty and visually impressive dish serves four and supports our philosophy of using the finest in local produce to create the ultimate dining experience.
The delicious Canadian maple jus pairs extremely well with a number of the local red wines and dark ales we have available, creating the ultimate culinary experience in the heart of Hahndorf!
Serves 2 – 4
– 1.2kg Mayura Station Wagyu brisket
– 1 teaspoon toasted ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– 1 bunch heirloom carrots
– 500g coliban potatoes
– 100g duck fat
– 500mL Canadian maple syrup
– 2L chicken stock
– 5 cinnamon sticks
– 4 star anise
– 10 bay leaves
– 6 cloves
– 1 bunch thyme
– 15 whole black peppercorns
1. Rub the Wagyu brisket with cumin and coriander powder and leave for three hours to marinate.
2. Put all the sauce ingredients in a pot and start simmering. Reduce by half.
3. Sear the Wagyu brisket on all sides in pan on high heat.
4. Place the brisket in a baking tray and cover with the liquid. Add more chicken stock to cover if needed.
5. Cover the baking tray with aluminium foil and place it in a pre-heated oven on 160 degrees for six hours. Check every hour and add extra stock if needed.
6. In the meantime, clean the heirloom carrots. Sprinkle salt and olive oil over carrots and roast.
7. Cut potatoes in wedges. Toss the potatoes in duck fat and place in the oven until cooked.
8. Serve the brisket with roasted carrots, duck fat potatoes and condiments of your choice.
The Haus Restaurant
The Haus Restaurant offers their guests a taste of the Adelaide Hills and the surrounding regions. Located in the stunning Adelaide Hills region, the Haus Restaurant showcases an amazing selection of dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner created from the best in local produce, which changes with the seasons.
Support for our region’s produce also comes from our extensive range of South Australian wines, beers and spirits, with the majority of our listings being sourced locally from the Adelaide Hills, McLaren Vale and Barossa regions.
38A Main Street, Hahndorf SA 5245
(08) 8388 7555 Open 7 days a week. 7:30am – Late