Our signature spaghetti tutto mare has been on our menu since Rigoni’s opened in 1979. We have made some adjustments over the years but by and large it has remained the same.
The dish combines mussels from Pt Lincoln, Spencer Gulf prawns, squid from Kangaroo Island and South Australian fish from the Bite, alongside Flinders Ranges premium flour, to make this dish 100% South Australian and oh so tasty!
– 160g mussels (scrubbed and debearded)
– 70g fish pieces (diced)
– 70g squid pieces (sliced)
– 70g prawns (peeled)
– 100g blue swimmer crab
– 20g butter • 50g onions
– 5g garlic (crushed)
– 5g chilli (chopped)
– 100mL white wine
– 100mL fish stock
– 100mL Napoli sauce
– 200g spaghetti
– 5g chopped basil
– 5g chopped parsley
1. Heat the butter in a large fry pan until it foams; add the onions, garlic and chilli.
2. Cook until the onions have softened and are starting to colour.
3. Add the blue swimmer crab and mussels. Cook over a high heat until the crab has coloured, and the mussels are starting to open.
4. Have a lid ready; pour in the wine and quickly cover in the lid so the crab and mussels are steaming.
5. Leave over a high heat for five minutes or until the wine has reduced. Remove the lid and reduce until practically dry.
6. Add the Napoli sauce and the stock with the rest of the seafood and bring to the boil.
7. Mix well, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for five minutes, remove the lid and increase the heat to high. 8. Add the herbs and pasta, toss and serve.
Since 1979, Rigoni’s has been the lunch haunt for South Australian business people and politicians thanks to high quality Italian food served in a relaxed bistro atmosphere with great service and superb wines.
Rigoni’s bistro is a unique Adelaide dining institution. They still serve those classic Italian dishes that made it famous, along with modern Italian-inspired cuisine. Situated in the historic and beautifully restored Leigh Street, Rigoni’s is a short stroll from the city’s major hotels and equally convenient to Adelaide’s central business district, theatre precinct and central markets. Rigoni’s has something to offer everyone.
27 Leigh Street
Hours / Monday to Friday: 7am until late
Saturday: 6pm until late