Beef kaduwala is a fusion Indian dish – originating from the southern part of India. Its base of tomato, onion and coconut cream is tempered with Indian spices – medium in taste. This has become an integral part of the Spice n Ice menu and is a local favourite.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 mediums onions, chopped
– 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
– 4 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
– 2 large chillies, finely chopped with seeds
– 1 tablespoon garam masala
– 1 teaspoon tumeric
– 1 teaspoon chilli powder
– 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
– 1 tablespoon Corinder powder
– 1 tablespoon cumin powder
– 400g chopped tomatoes
– 2 teaspoons tomato puree
– 400 ml coconut milk
– 3 tablespoons coriander, fresh
– 700g stewing steak, cut into chunks
– 1 small pumpkin
1. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion; cook slowly until golden.
2. Add ginger, garlic, chilli, curry leaf, all the spices and fry for a minute.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, coconut milk and two tablespoons coriander. Stir together for a minute.
4. Add beef. Stir and transfer everything into a cooker.
5. Add pumpkin chunks when you feel meat is nearly done.
6. Cook for at least two hours.
7. Add sugar, yoghurt and cream to taste.
8. Serve with the remaining coriander sprinkled on top.
9. Serve with basmati rice and naan
Spice N Ice
Spice N Ice has been the custodian of quality Indian food in Port Adelaide for more than 10 years. Over that time, Spice N Ice has gained a reputation for dishing out subcontinent food that suits the palate of the local clientele.
Located in the heart of Port Adelaide, Spice N Ice is a great place to enjoy fusion Indian dishes such as Goan prawn curry, fish Malabar curry, duck shank masala and beef vindaloo.
Spice N Ice is now open for lunch on weekends and its adjacent function hall can accommodate up to 70 guests for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and receptions.
97 to 103 St Vincent St, Port Adelaide
Hours / Dinner: Monday to Sunday: 5pm to 10pm
Lunch: Saturday and Sunday: 12pm to 3pm
8447 8540 or 0423868925