Category: Small Project Architecture
Practice: Mulloway Studio
Gallery 7 comprises the redevelopment of one of the Migration Museums permanent gallery spaces. Completely re-thinking the way the stories are presented, the outcomes aim to provoke questions, encourage engagement, and embody resonance.
The exhibition is built on a fully integrated relationship between story-telling and design. This approach produced techniques that allow the original building to become part of the exhibition and include;
• Full-scale architectural drawings
• Unusual mounting of objects,
• Using the exiting fabric and elements as artefacts and frames,
• Colour coordination as clues,
• Children’s game based on history of the place,
• Immersive projections and a memorial sculpture.
The completed space provide a new look at the stories about the State’s social welfare programme, provides a complex multi-layered set of experiences for different audiences, as well as providing a flexible space for groups or individuals.
Photographer: Andre Castellucci
Vote below and you could WIN
Dowel Jones Thimble Low Stool in Horizon Blue.
Thanks to 1k Chairs