Entries are open for the annual Drink Dine Design Emerging Design Award, which focuses on design that contributes to this state’s rich gastronomic culture.
Now in its sixth year, Drink Dine Design is open to emerging designers who are studying or who have completed a design or study program in South Australia in the last five years.
The $3000 award is a search for innovative product designs that enhance the experience of consuming food or wine. Examples of entries include furniture, utensils, tableware, lighting and menus.
The award is presented by JamFactory and The Adelaide Review’s sister publication and event Hot 100 Wines. Finalists’ work will be displayed at Adelaide Airport (in an installation designed by Grieve Gillett Andersen Architects) and at the Hot 100 Wines awards night on Thursday, December 6. A People’s Choice Prize ($500) will also be awarded.
Previous Drink Dine Design Award Winners
– Jordan Gower (2017)
– Coffee Bondi Beach (a joint project entered by Liam Fleming, Liam Somerville, Steve Soeffky, Sebastian Vivian and Ulrica Trulsson, curated by Liam Mugavin) (2016)
– Liam Mugavin (2015)
– Angela Giuliani (2014)
– Ulrica Trulsson (2013)
2018 Drink Dine Design Judges
– Graham Charbonneau and Dave Bickmore (Studio Gram)
– Jock Zonfrillo (Orana and Bistro Blackwood)
– Simon Kardachi (Osteria Oggi, Press, Shobosho etc)
– Daniel To and Emma Aiston (DANIEL – EMMA)
Drink Dine Design Award entries close Friday, August 31
Entry forms can be downloaded here
Header image: Jordan Gower’s Oysters Five Ways won Drink Dine Design in 2017